The Friends of the War Memorial Park group, Coventry, was established in 2006. The group was formed to help promote, develop and maintain the War Memorial Park, in order to enhance its value to the community.
The War Memorial Park was opened in July 1921 as a tribute to the 2,587 Coventrians who died between 1914 and 1918 fighting in the First World War. The Park continues to be a place of remembrance with a memorial and formal gardens, but it has also been developed to support sporting and family activities and is enjoyed throughout the year by a large variety of people.
Photo by Peter Kane, one of our park staff.